My 2 Munchkins

My 2 Munchkins

Thursday, December 16, 2010

It's Just a Gingerbread House

Sometimes I forget things.  It's possible that I decorated a gingerbread house at some point in my 37 years but I don't remember it.  As a result, I didn't think it would be that hard to do.  Did I mention I'm not very artistic??  The other problem I didn't anticipate was that the kids would only want to eat the gingerbread house, not decorate it!  Once we resolved that...Audrey helped some!  The first issue we had was the bottom layer (base) was broken in several places!  The thing the entire house is built on (multiple tangents available here)!  So we used some icing to "glue" the pieces back together.  The instructions suggested we decorate the walls and base before assembling them.  That was a great idea!  The biggest help of all was our adopted student Allie!!!  She helped tremendously!  She is the reason it looks so good!  Whew!  Glad that's done!  And I'm not sure I'll do one next year...maybe it will be Daddy's turn!


Did I mention how quickly Audrey lost interest??  And Paxton wasn't interested once he found out he couldn't eat the gingerbread boy!  Thank you Allie!

2 comments:

  1. Great job! Love all the bright colors! Oma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good enough to eat. Save me some. Granddaddy

    ReplyDelete