My 2 Munchkins

My 2 Munchkins

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Extra-Large Dogs

I have a sister who loves Great Danes.  I had never spent much time around one until she brought home her first one.  They are actually pretty great.  If you don't mind really large dogs!  That sometimes act like children or cuddly cats.  Their first Great Dane was Samson.  He was a rescue dog who was very happy in a house with 4 kids.  He put up with a lot of junk from my kids...and never seemed to mind.  My kids loved him and were only a little afraid of him.  Sadly he passed away last year in the Spring.  This past summer my sister found another Great Dane who needed a home.  He is a different color and maybe possibly even bigger!  His name is Boaz but we call him Bo.  He is younger than Samson so he acts more like a kid.  He sometimes gets too excited, but who can blame him?  My kids love him too.  It cracks me up when he tries to sit in your lap or lay on the couch but he's almost as tall as I am and probably weighs more than I do!! My parents live next door to my sister and when I'm in my parents' guest room I can hear Bo's deep bark through the window.  There is a large divider between the houses but it's not too tall for Bo. 

 This is Bo peeking over the wall.


This is my 8-yr old niece standing on her toes to reach the top of the wall.  Bo wanted to know what we were doing in my parent's backyard.  I guess we were having too much fun!  At least he can't get over the wall...yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment